The wait is over! It is time for the start of the 2014 Florida Winter Tour. Big names from around the world are preparing to do battle at the Homestead Karting Complex, which will be run clockwise this year. The offseason bench raching is over and it is time for drivers, teams, and tuners to put up or shut up. Below are our burning questions heading into the event, which we cant wait to see the answers. Remember we will be On Location this weekend so Kart360 will be your source for the most in depth coverage of the event.
1. Oliver Askew was undoubtedly the driver to beat in Senior Max at the end of 2013. Will this continue into 2014 with a race win at the FWT opener?
2. The Junior category lost nearly every top driver. Who will come to the front in the category?
3. Can Michael D’Orlando turn his dominance last weekend in TaG cadet into race wins this weekend in Mini Max?
4. Senior Max and DD2 is stacked with top international talent and the top North American talent. Who will win more races, Euros, South Americans, Canadians, or Americans?
5. This will be Danny Formal’s first real test aboard his new CRG ride. Can he come out of the weekend with a race win in his debut weekend?
6. As with any first race of the season there are many drivers that have moved up in category such as Issa and Kirkwood in Senior, Gangi and Malukas in Junior, and Coulton and Nicholas d’Orlando in Mini Max. Who will be the top performers in their debut race?
7. Defending DD2 Champ Ben Cooper has made the switch back to Senior with KMS North America. Can he start the season off with a win?
8. How will Arnaud Kozlinski do in his debut race with Intrepid? Bas Lammers already proved the Intrepid DD2 is capable of challenging for the win the SKUSA SuperNationals.
9. 2013 was the year of OTK with their chassis winning nearly everything in Rotax especially in Junior and Senior. How many races will be won by an OTK product and what chassis brand will challenge the most?
10. A few of the smaller chassis manufacturers including AM and Benik, kart are in attendance this weekend. Can these smaller teams take on the big teams?